I recently gave CPR to a 55-65 yo male Probably

Patient

Q: I recently gave CPR to a 55-65 yo male. Probably weighed 275-300 lbs. had a defibrillator. I was shopping when I came upon him in his vehicle with no pulse.
I'm a dental hygienist so I began performing CPR. The security people at the shopping center has an AED which they didn't know how to use. I did two rounds of CPR and didn't get a pulse. I stopped to attach the AED. So I stopped for approx 30 seconds. I'm beating myself up about it. What else could I have done? Should I have just kept doing CPR? EMS took over 10 min to get there. I continued to do CPR until they got there. What else should I have done.?
I also wasn't sure if he was actually breathing or not be of the defibrillator which was breathing. But it didn't ever seem to restart his heart.

Symptoms:  Mental anxiety
Doctor