I recently got a blood test and tested positive for

Patient : I recently got a blood test and texted positive for HSV-1. I don't know how and I'm not overly promiscuous and never had any symptoms but is this something I should be concerned about or see someone for?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. It depends on the type of an tibody that is positive. If you're IGM HSV-1 positive, it indicates a current infection, and you can pass it to your partner. However, a lot of people have IGG HSV-2 positive in case of which, only during episodes of infectivity the infection can be transmitted. If there are open sores, you need to be careful. It is a chronic viral infection, and medicines won't help. If you do not have symptoms, then you do not need to worry. Hope this was helpful, Regards