Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I recently had sex with my partner

I recently had sex with my partner

Patient: I recently had sex with my partner. We were using protection. He felt something wet so he said it was him, then i felt myself wet too but I didn’t cum or anything. I’m guessing he leaked, it got in me. His cum didn’t feel sticky, it felt slimy. It could be pre-cum, could i get pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes, from your history it seems like some of his precum touched your vagina.There is a lot of controversy regarding precum, but most studies have shown that it does not contain viable sperms to cause pregnancy. Moreover the precum was never inside, so pregnancy can be completely ruled out.He also used protection. That further negates any chances of pregnancy.So please do not worry.Hope this was helpful.Regards.