I recently had surgery to have some very painful corns

Q: I recently had surgery to have some very painful corns removed and hammertoes corrected on 4 of my toes. I had my stitches taken out last week and when my doctor removed my bandages, I noticed that all 4 toes were incredibly skinny, about twice as thin as they were before my surgery. My doctor said it was because I had compression bandages on for 2 weeks straight after my surgery. My question is will my toes return to their normal width and if so, how long will it take? Right now they look so awkward and out of place compared to the rest of my toes.

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Read and understood your history and concerns.
Now that all the 4 toes are looking skinny and twice as thin as they were before surgery.

I hope your Surgeon must have taken all the care he could with his great experience and that the 2 weeks compression can cause thinning.
I also hope that he must have promised you that they will be of normal size over time.
It may take a few weeks to few months to look normal.

I am sure, your surgeon too must have told you about the outcome.
Take care, follow your Doctor's advice till your toes are normal.

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask further relevant query or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
How is your planter fascitis by the way.