Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I recently had unprotected oral sex with another male where

I recently had unprotected oral sex with another male where

Patient: I recently had unprotected oral sex with another male where I did not come into contact with his semen orally. About a day or two later, I felt as though my throat was a bit dry and slightly sore and I began worrying a lot. I looked in the back of my throat and found very few, small white spots on one of my tonsils that when scraped left a reddish spot. Now I am seeing two small red dots at the back of my throat behind my uvula but the white spots on my tonsil have not changed significantly. My throat does not hurt at all anymore. I am very worried that I could have caught something and have been worrying a lot about it and it has caused me a lot of stress. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Symptoms: Symptoms: two red dots back of throat and few small white spots on one tonsil

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.This may or may not be an STD. Either way, you need to get it checked up by seeing a Doc tor. The symptoms seem to be a viral or bacterial infection of the throat but they could be both. Wishing you the best.Hope this helps you