Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I recently noticed that one of my testicles had grown

I recently noticed that one of my testicles had grown

Patient: I recently noticed that one of my testicales had grown and harden on the side. Almost as if the hard part was the extra growth in it. Just the one.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It is indeed unusual to experience any hardness in the testicle. It could be indicative of an inflammation, long standing infection or even a benign or malignant tumor in the testis. This definitely documents a visit to a general surgeon for an examination and further investigations like blood, urine, and biopsy tests if required. In case of an infection or inflammation, antibiotics would help. A tumor might need a surgical excision.Hope this helped.Regards