I recently started birth control(oral pills) Had unprotected

Patient: I recently started birth control(oral pills)… Had unprotected sex 3 days after and he ejaculated inside. Same thing on day 4 and 5…found out you should wait at least a week!!… I had spotting for about 3 days around getting to the white pills. Then a little heavier bleeding on 4th and 5th day then spotting again for 2 more days..assumed it was my period, but heard you can spot when pregnant…now on my second week of second pack… It’s been a week sine the assumed period and my pre period signs are back again….Too early to take a test but I don’t want to harm the baby if I am pregnant :/ plz help

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concern here.I have gone through your history and in my opinion if you starts pills on 1 st day of your period bleeding then it can be effective from very first day and there is no requirement of backup method of contraception but if you start it from 5 th day of your period backup method is required.( depends upon which type of pills you are taking).If you are having any symptoms of pregnancy you can go for a home urine pregnancy test around your period date.Spotting can be due to if you missed your pill.Hopefully found useful, feel free to ask more questions.Good luck.Regards