I recently took a pregnancy test and it came back

Patient : I recently took a pregnancy test and it came back as negative but I have yet to come back on my period is it because I've been sick from the gi infection.
Doctor :   HI. Thanks for your query. Noted the history of missed period but urine pregnancy test is negative. Wants to know whether this is due to GI Infection? Yes, GI infection and other causes related to major illness, stress, anxiety, and many factors can affect the dates of the menstrual periods. Hence do not worry, repeat the test after 5 days.