Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I recently used Encare as a contraceptive, but I was

I recently used Encare as a contraceptive, but I was

Patient: I recently used Encare as a contraceptive, but I was not able to put it into the cervix properly, so I just left it in the vagina. But I also did not put in another after an hour, and tomorrow is my first ovulation day. Is it possible for me to get pregnant? If so, besides using items like Plan B, how can I prevent the pregnancy from happening?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Yes, there is a chance of pregnancy considering the failure of contraceptive if not ins erted or used properly. Always remember the chance of conception increases as you get closer to the ovulation period. In your case, it is just a day behind, hence there is a chance of pregnancy.Apart from plan B, there are other options of contraception like intrauterine devices like Copper T, LNG IUD, injectables like progesterone injections taken every 3 months, implants like Implanon, etc.Kindly consult a gynecologist to advise you on the best contraceptive that would suit your requirement.Always, remember, that no contraception is hundred percent effective and always carries a failure rate.Hope this helped.Regards