Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I recently visited a public womens restroom The toilet seat

I recently visited a public womens restroom The toilet seat

Patient: I recently visited a public womens restroom. The toilet seat had urine with blood perhaps menstrual blood. I proceeded to lift the toilet seat with my foot while wearing sandals. I have cracked skin and peeling on my foot and at the tips of my fingers. If any blood splashed on these areas while i liftes the seat with my foot could i have contracted hiv ?

Doctor: Hi.Very odd question.You had to visit women restroom, toilet seat had urine with blood – you tried to lift the fl ap with foot which has cracked skin and peeling on your foot and tips of toes.Worried about the possibility of contracting HIV.The possibility is very remote. First of all unless the blood and urine on the seat has also the virus.Until now such cases are not at all reported.So do not worry about this at the moment.