I recently went to the hospital and was told that

Patient : I recently went to the hospital and was told that I needed to stop drinking because I was showing liver damage but my chest on the right side constantly feels like I have a knot and whenever I breathe then it feels like bones are breaking what does it mean? It's really painful and bothersome.
Symptoms:  Feels like I have a knot on the right side of my chest 24/7 and when I breath in it feels like my bones are cracking in the same spot
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your question. The pain you are explaining indicates that there may actually be a fracture of the r ibs or having pathology of the underlying lung or pleura. This can be confirmed by a CT scan of the area. Get the clinical evaluation and investigations for a proper diagnosis and treatment. Hope this helps you.