I recently went to the hospital and was told that

Q: I recently went to the hospital and was told that I needed to stop drinking because I was showing liver damage but my chest on the right side constantly feels like I have a knot and whenever I breathe then it feels like bones are breaking what does it mean? It's really painful and bothersome.

Symptoms:  Feels like I have a knot on the right side of my chest 24/7 and when I breath in it feels like my bones are cracking in the same spot

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your question.

The pain you are explaining indicates that there may actually be a fracture of the ribs or having pathology of the underlying lung or pleura.
This can be confirmed by a CT scan of the area.
Get the clinical evaluation and investigations for a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Hope this helps you.