Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I recently went to the hospital and was told that

I recently went to the hospital and was told that

Patient: I recently went to the hospital and was told that I needed to stop drinking because I was showing liver damage but my chest on the right side constantly feels like I have a knot and whenever I breathe then it feels like bones are breaking what does it mean? It’s really painful and bothersome.

Symptoms: Feels like I have a knot on the right side of my chest 24/7 and when I breath in it feels like my bones are cracking in the same spot

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your question.The pain you are explaining indicates that there may actually be a fracture of the r ibs or having pathology of the underlying lung or pleura.This can be confirmed by a CT scan of the area.Get the clinical evaluation and investigations for a proper diagnosis and treatment.Hope this helps you.