I recently witnessed someone having an epileptic seizure I f

Patient

Q: I recently witnessed someone having an epileptic seizure. I froze and my hands started to shake uncontrollably. What was happening to me?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

The symptoms of being frozen with shakes could have occurred due to panic when you saw the epileptic seizures. It's not very uncommon as the scene is fearful. I would suggest that you should discuss your experience with your colleagues or friends. This will help in making your relaxed and feel better. There is no specific treatment required as of now but if you get frequent thoughts of that experience then you will require a systematic treatment from a doctor. Not to worry until then.
Do meet your doctor.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health