Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I recieved a tubal ligation 6 days ago and am

I recieved a tubal ligation 6 days ago and am

Patient: I recieved a tubal ligation 6 days ago and am still having sharp pains under my ribs. Is this normal? Should I still be having gas pains 6 days out?

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concerns.I have gone through y our history and in my opinion the pain is not due to gas.You should consult your treating doctor and get yourself examined and rule out the other causes of pain like cholecystitis.You can take antacid for the same.Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.