I returned to Ireland from a trip to Bahamas, Orlando

Q: I returned to Ireland from a trip to Bahamas, Orlando and Miami (South Beach) 2 weeks ago and I'm wondering if I am at risk of Zika as my husband and I are currently trying for baby??

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
If you suspect that you would have contracted the ZIKA virus and have been asymptomatic at present then to confirm you may undertake the Trioplex Real-Time RT-PCR (rRT-PCR) assay and the Zika MAC-ELISA, which are being distributed to qualified laboratories. The tests are sensitive and can allay your fear permanently.
But there is no cure for Zika virus as yet, one must know that.
I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: I am wondering if it is a necessity to be tested as I wasn't directly in any areas affected by zika in miami but as there has been outbreaks there could I be still at risk? I have been trying for a baby and just want to put my mind at ease. Having said that I may just be worrying over nothing. I don't really want to have a test done unless I could be at some risk. From researching it seems zika is not in orlando or bahamas but in the wynwood area of miami which is approx 9 miles from where I was. What is your opinion
Doctor: Considering that you stayed just 9 miles away from the winnowed area which had cases of pika, so its always better to get the test done rather than carrying the doubt in your mind always.