Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I reuse my plastic bottle water, and after a few days it started to smell foul. Will this cause harm to unborn baby?

I reuse my plastic bottle water, and after a few days it started to smell foul. Will this cause harm to unborn baby?

Patient: I reuse my plastic bottle water, and after a few days it started to smell foul but it was after a few drinks till I noticed it, will this harm my unborn baby?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the queryWe cannot predict that this will harm your baby or not. The chances are too less. In case you pick up an infection, and that affects the pregnancy , then it may affecting your growing baby. Hence, avoid further usage of the bottle. in case you develop fever, sore throat, cold, cough , etc see a doctor soon and get it treated, else there is nothing to worry.Hope this helped.Regards.