Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I rolled my ankle 4 months ago

I rolled my ankle 4 months ago

Patient: I rolled my ankle 4 months ago… It grade 1… It was very swollen… 2 weeks ago the inside of my ankle started to hurt when I moved my foot in and up. No swelling and can walk on it fine. Is it a medial sprain? What is it.

Doctor: Hi.Thank you for writing to ATD.Try RICE therapy. RICE stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation.Rest – rest the affected area. Do not perform strenuous work.Ice – ice the area for 15 mins at a time and rest for 45 mins. Repeat this 5 times a day.Compression – compress the area by using crepe bandage. Do not tie too tightlyElevation – elevate the elbow by placing pillows under it. This will reduce the swelling.Take Acetaminophen to reduce the swelling.I hope this helps you. All the best.