I saw my boyfriend a couple of days ago For

Patient : I saw my boyfriend a couple of days ago. For the second time we had anal sex. Now he is saying his penis is sore and scabbed. I do remember him saying immediately after that there was a scratch on his penis and it was sore. I did thoroughly wash the feces off. Please explain. I was also on my period and I wear pads not tampons.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query on AsktheDoctor.com Anal sex can lead to lot of complications. The main complications can include friction and rigorous penetration over a minimally dilated anal orifice that can lead to sores and scabs, inflammation can accompany this leading to redness and pain over the penis. There could be a lot of bleeding from the anal mucosa and the penis as well. These can complicate into an infection most likely due to anaerobic bacteria when the tissues come in contact with feces over a loaded rectum. Hence, it is not advisable to have anal sex and it is considered unnatural. Kindly consider showing him to a physician or a surgeon who can examine the area and treat him with suitable antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications.Meanwhile, following personal hygiene by using cotton undergarments and avoiding nylon ones and keeping the area neat and dry by both the partners is necessary. In case you also have signs of redness or pain, get yourself examined by a gynecologist. Always follow protected intercourse with the use of condoms to avoid transmission of infections. Hope this helped. Regards