I saw my nipple and it was all big like

Patient

Q: I saw my nipple and it was all big like if it was swollen and if I pressed on it there would be a hard lump under it. Is it normal?

I saw my nipple and it was ...-1
Doctor

A:   Hi,

According to your description and picture, there is a possibility of infection or inflammatory reaction at nipple. Involvement of underlying alveoli of the nipple can lead to lump formation.
Sometimes general fibrocystic disease of the breast can also lead to the formation of lumps.
By clinical examination, the possible cause of the problem can be identified.
If your doctor suggests you can go for specific investigations like mammography, fine needle aspiration biopsy etc.
Then treatment can be planned accordingly.

Take care