I seem to have lack of sensitivity in my penis

Patient

Q: I seem to have lack of sensitivity in my penis I do not think it is diet, honestly I cannot blame my girlfriend but she really is not very good in bed she cannot be the total reason so there is something I must blame myself not her, is there a pharmaceutical or homemade solution or solutions to this critical problem that I consider to be and she is so supportive I love her very much but the woman really lacks in that department anyway please help please

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

Reduced sensitivity of the penis could be due to different reasons. It may not be due to the relationship issues and the activeness of the partner in sex. Mostly it is due to the sensory neuronal deficit called sensory neuropathy. The most common reason is deficiency of Vit B12 and other essential nutritional elements. The best way would be to get investigated by getting a blood hemoglobin and a serum Vit B12 test done. Also a local examination of the penis should also be planned as any skin disease or infection of the penis can also lead to reduced sensitivity.
Do meet your doctor and get the local examination and blood tests done.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health