I sent my mother in for placement of permanent feeding

Q: I sent my mother in for placement of permanent feeding tube due to her not able to swallow. Was told it couldn't be done because bowels were outside of stomach and in the way. Was informed that they could place feeder laparoscopically but the bowels would still be in the way, and she should be hospiced Was wondering if this makes any sence to you?

Symptoms:  Unable to swallow

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

No this does not make any sense to me. Putting her on a feeding tube should be fine. Unless they want to put her on a feeding tube through the abdomen which I would not recommend. Confirm what is being planned and rewrite the question with the complete details. Thank you.

Hope this helps you.