I should be around 14 weeks pregnant

Patient

Q: I should be around 14 weeks pregnant. I do have high risk pregnancies. Earlier today i was leaking a little bit of fluid. Is it normal or rush to the hospital?

Doctor

Any abnormal discharge or leaking of fluid at any time during pregnancy needs immediate attention. It could be a sign of cervical incompetence and premature rupture of membranes leading to impending miscarriage. You will have to see the gynecologist immediately and get an ultrasound done as well. Based on the reports, the treatment may be started. In case of a viable pregnancy, bed rest, antibiotics, cervical cerclage and preventing constipation with the arrest of labor will be the treatment plan.
Wish you a safe pregnancy.

Hope this helped.