Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I signed up for the MS150 bike ride I

I signed up for the MS150 bike ride I

Patient: I signed up for the MS150 bike ride. I am 59 years old, 5-9 240# and I have trained 2 times a week for 3 weeks and moving up to 3 X next week. I am up to 25 miles a ride and seem to recover in 24 hours. I am into oxygen debt during my rides but if I slow down it goes away eventually.My family is worried about this 2 day 150 mile ride. They think I might have a heart attack.? What should I do? The ride is in 5 weeks.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. If you go t breathlessness , chest pains or chest discomfort during ride during training period then you are prone to heart attack during ride. You can also get examined by cardiologist by ECG during and after excercises to know your risk of heart attack. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.

Patient: Thank you! Just what I wanted to know.
Have a good day!
Dick Waskey