I slipped and fell on a externally twisted knee doesn't feel right any help?

Patient

Q: I slipped and fell awkwardly on my left knee which was twisted externally. All my weight was on the knee and I heard a pop or snap and immense pain and could not walk on it. I initially thought that I had badly sprained or partially tore the LCL as I had it happen to the other knee. However the pain has diminished to at least manageable pain. What I noticed is on the lateral side of the knee in the back it is very tender and if I try to bend or half squat it is intense pain and it feels like a catching sensation. I am really puzzled I am thinking maybe it is something with the popliteus?

Doctor