Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I sometimes donate plasma for extra cash on the side I

I sometimes donate plasma for extra cash on the side I

Patient: I sometimes donate plasma for extra cash on the side.I take gabapentin but plan on stopping, because it has suddenly caused my heartrate to increase. My resting heartrate is 80-95. The donation centerrequires that you heart rate be under 100. The times I took gabapentin it was from 105-140. My blood pressure is fineand I take no other medication. Now my heart rate is normal again (75-90)Am I safe to return to donate plasma?Thanks so much in advance for your reply,Taylor

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood that you are a professional plasma donor, used to take Gabapentin and heart rate increased above 100 per minute.No that it is normal, you can certainly donate plasma now.I hope this answer helps you.