I sometimes have this little case of insomia

Patient: I sometimes have this little case of insomia where I can’t sleep until it is 12 a.m or a bit later but yesterday night or this morning specifically, I can only get myself to sleep at 2 in the morning. Is this common?

Doctor: HiThank you for the question.Insomnia is a sleep disorder where the sufferer finds it difficult to fall and/or st ay asleep. People with insomnia have one or more of the following symptoms:-Difficulty falling asleep-Waking up often during the night and having trouble getting back to sleep-Waking up too early in the morning-Feeling tired upon waking. There are two types of insomnia: primary insomnia and secondary insomnia.Primary insomnia: This is when the sufferer has sleep problems that are not directly associated with any other health condition or problem. Secondary insomnia: This is when the sufferer has sleep problems because of something else, such as a health condition like asthma, depression, arthritis, cancer or heartburn; pain; medicine being taken; or a substance being used, like alcohol.If the problem continues, then talk to a Doctor.I hope this will help you. Take care.