I started 21 day contraceptive pill During the first month,

Patient : I started 21 day contraceptive pill. During the first month, I started taking it on day 7 of my cycle. Day 1 - periods start, Day 4 - it ends, Day 7 - start first pill. Today is Day 21 and I got my periods. I still have 7 pills left before the cycle is over. Why did I get my periods one week early? Also, should I finish the rest of the 7 pills while I am on my periods?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. You can wait to see if the next cycle is normal. If the next cycle is normal, then do no t worry. It is also possible that the pills you took caused withdrawal bleeding. You can also talk to a Doctor to understand the correct way to use the pills. Then, you should not have the irregular periods. Hope this helps you. All the best.