I started a new birth control two weeks ago Last

Q: I started a new birth control two weeks ago. Last night I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside me. Should I take plan b or is my birth control pill in full effect?
If I should take planned, will that effect my birth control?

A:   Hello.
THANKS FOR the query to ATD.

The effectivity of the pill depends on the day of cycle that you have started the pill. If the pill was started during the initial 7 days of your cycle then after 2 weeks on pills,you would be safe from pregnancy as ovulation would have been prevented during this cycle.
But if it has been started later than 7 days then ovulation cannot be predicted and it would be advisable to take a plan b and at the same time stop the pill pack for the month and practice barrier contraception for this cycle. A withdrawal bleed after 7 days shall rule out pregnancy in that case.

I hope I have answered your query in detail,