I started birth control, and about a week and a

Q: I started birth control, and about a week and a half in I forgot a pill. I took it the next morning and another one at my regular time (2 in one day like the directions said). This somehow caused an extended, light, almost 2 week period that stopped during my "off" week. I had sex during that week, and was just wondering if I should fear pregnancy since I didn't have my period that week, or if I should have still been protected. I know pregnancy can still happen on the pill, but I just want to know how much anxiety is warranted.

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
You had rightly taken two pills the next day, however a withdrawal bleed started because the missed pill was more than 24 hrs late, but as you continued the pills in the pack regularly so you should stay protected considering the fact that cervical mucous would have been rendered thick to disallow entry of sperms and hence protection would be maintained even if there would have occurred an ovulation. However the best would be to get a serum beta hcg test after 7 days post last intercourse to be conclusively rule out any pregnancy chances. If the hcg levels are less than 3mIU then you are pregnancy safe.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,