Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I started having heavy diarrhea and vomiting on Sun

I started having heavy diarrhea and vomiting on Sun

Patient: I started having heavy diarrhea and vomiting on Sun, it’s now just vomiting. I’ve kept nothing down since Sun morning. My stomach is distended and I have stabbing pain. Is this a stomach bug, it’s benn 4 days

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Yes, it is possible that you have a stomach bug. Here are the possibilities:Stomach fl uGastritisAcidityGastric ulcersYou can try taking Pepto-Bismol for 2 to 3 days to see if this helps you. If you do not get relief after 3 days, please see a Doctor. He may start you on antibiotics if needed. Do not take any medications on your own.All the best.