I started having symptoms of urethitis last Thursday (frequent

Patient

Q: I started having symptoms of urethitis last Thursday (frequent urge to pee, pain after peeing, itching inner thigh). I was Diagnosed with urethitis Saturday, tested negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea and received a dose of antibiotics yet 3 days later im still feeling symptoms (itchy inner thigh , urge to pee all the time , tinderness, trouble urinating) How long will all this last?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
The presence of itching in thigh , burning, frequency, urgency and pain during urination confirms that you have urethritis or cystitis . the causative organism can be confirmed with a urethral swab culture and a urine culture. The sensitive antibiotics would have to be started and the course has to be for a week at least to avoid recurrence, which is probably what you have been experiencing now after just 3 days course.
Get the cultures done and you would have to continue antibiotics. in the meantime, increase your water intake and if possible drink 1 glass of cranberry juice twice a day which should help alkalinize the urine and help remove the infection sooner.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,