I started my menstrol period april 12 and it’s

Patient: I started my menstrol period april 12 and it’s the 27th of April already and im still bleeding heavily and it smells like blood can u tell me why I look pale I think Im sick but I’m afraid to find out

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Excessive and prolonged bleeding during periods is called m enorrhagia.It can occur due to many causes like uterine fibroids, adenomyosis, endometrial abnormalities, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal abnormalities, coagulation abnormalities etc.As you are having continuous bleeding, that can lead to anemia and tiredness etc.As you are having bleeding since 15 days, better to get evaluated.Please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, complete blood picture etc.With this workup the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care.