Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I started my period on the 11th of this month

I started my period on the 11th of this month

Patient: I started my period on the 11th of this month and ended on the 23rd. Then on the 27th I spotted very lightly. Only when I wiped it was a very light pinkish color. I was spotting only for that day. Then yesterday when I woke up I was dizzy. All day I laid around tge house drinking water and tea eating watermelon and pizza. Startedbfeelibg a little better about 5 ish. I went to bed for the night then this morning I woke up feeling a little dizzy not much but I also felt shaky weak and felt like I was going to vomit. I lasted down and im feeling a little better but still shaky and off and on feeling sick to my stomach. What could this mean?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It seems that in your last period you have had a prolonged bleeding. In case you have lost more blood, it could have made you anemic and also caused this weakness to set in. Spotting could be a hormonal imbalance or an ovulation related one. In case you have been sexually active, do a pregnancy test after 14 days of last intercourse and rule out pregnancy.Hope this helped.Regards