I started on dexamphetamine and methylphenidate about 3 mont

Patient

Q: I started on dexamphetamine and methylphenidate about 3 months ago for ADD (im 18 years of age) which was very noticeable. I grew an extremely high tolerance to both types of medication, one thing that I'm thinking might have contributed to this is the use of various recreational hallucinogens in the past (last time roughly 6 months ago).

Ive found that 6 dex tablets (5mgeach) in the morning and 2-3 ritilin (10mg each) when I feel my ADD because present seems to work, and if studying at night for uni aswell I can end up in total having taken 6 dex in morning and 6-9 ritilin throughout the day. My last recomended dose was 5 dex in the morning and 3-5 ritilin throughout the day.

I feel as though my body is almost working under this medication 24/7 but so far the 3 times I have not taken any for atleast 24h (with decent sleep in the days before, depending on study sometimes a bit late but nothing crazy) Towards when im winding down in the afternoon/night I will have episodes where I hear voices of people and old friends as if they are there, have very clear closed eye hallucinations, and mild open eye if dim lights, sometimes even physically feelings things such as being carried and often feeling like i cannot move in those situations.

I'm not too worried or frightened by it even though it can get a little scary at times for the usual person id imagine. I'm just wondering what the explanation is behind it/ long term damage? I know cutting back the medication drastically would have an effect but im curious to know a bit more about it.

thanks in advance

Doctor