I started on the pill Microlite.

Q: Hi there, I am a 22 year old from Ireland and just four days ago I started the contraceptive pill Microlite. This is my first time ever being on the pill. Before starting I knew that I had a phobia of swallowing pills but I thought I would be ok because Microlite is so small however, I still have trouble! I'm just wondering will it not work effectively if it dissolves in my mouth? Any tips on how I can learn to swallow pills?

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your concerns about the possible dissolution in mouth and phobia of swallowing the pills. And want to know how to swallow pills.

First of all, let me tell you that the microlite are coated tablets and would not dissolve in the mouth.
Secondly, swallowing pills is very easy. Drink a small amount of water to moisten the mouth and the pharynx. Put the tablet on the tongue and get more water in the mouth. Just swallow the water the pill will just slide through and will be swallowed.
Once you get the confidence, it will be an easy task and a normal thing daily.

I hope this answers your query and makes it easy to swallow any tablets