I started swimming a lot lately and i have noticed

Q: I started swimming a lot lately and i have noticed my butt is shrinking and my right butt has slighty less fat then my left butt. This is unusual for me because when I run my butt usually remains the same size and shape. So I stopped exercising and I dont want to do anything that will burn more butt fat. Once I gain weight again will my butt even out?

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

It's not unusual. Many people when swimming use their right leg more powerfully. This might have toned up your right sided butt muscles more than your left side butt muscles. If you stop swimming that will settle down on its own. You need not bother more about it.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health

Patient: Okay thanks it makes me feel so self concious I just hope my butt will even out and go back to my pre workout body.