Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I started taking amoxicillin and ibuprofen for sinus infection

I started taking amoxicillin and ibuprofen for sinus infection

Patient: I started taking amoxicillin and ibuprofen and yesterday to treat a sinus infection. Right now I feel nauseous and just noticed small bumps all over my stomach. Is this an allergic reaction?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Yes, it seems like an allergic reaction which you have developed to either of the above drugs. It is recommended that you discontinue both of them, see a doctor immediately and get your allergy treated. Kindly report about this allergy to your doctor so that an allergen test can be done and we can know the set of medications you are allergic to and always avoid them in the future.Hope this helped.Regards