I started using Monistat 3 today and I have read

Patient: I started using Monistat 3 today and I have read that Monistat 7 can be more effective. Can I switch?

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.I suppose you are taking Monistat for the purpose of vagi nal fungal infection. It hardly matters that which Monistat you take as the effect is almost the same because the Single dose Monistat has higher concentration as compared to 3 or 7 day Monistat.Monistat is a one-day, one-dose product and the medication dose concentration is the highest compared to Monistat 3 and 7. Monistat 3 is a three-day, three-dose product that has a lower concentration of medication per dose. Monistat7 is a seven-day, seven-dose product that contains the lowest concentration of medication per dose. However, all three products are similarly effective in curing yeast infections in the same amount of time. So if you have started Monistat3 you should be continuing it.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy