I started with a sore throat on friday 5/29/15 and

Patient : I started with a sore throat on friday 5/29/15 and saturday i have started coughing and at times its violently. Now my ribs hurt from coughing so much. I thought i had a sinus cold but the coughing is not normal , should i go to a dr? And what do you think this could be?
Symptoms:  Coughing violently at times keeping me from sleeping, stuffiness
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood your history of violent cough to the extent of making the ribs and mu scles painful. he coughing is so violent that it keep you from awake and have stuffiness. Also noted that you are on lisinopril. I think you should go to the Doctor to get a proper clinical examination and investigations as necessary as felt by your Doctor on examination. I think you need an active proper treatment with antibiotic, anti-inflammatory medicines and supportive treatment. If the ribs are painful you may need strapping for controlling its movements. Hope this helps you.