Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I still feel pregnant could the blood test be wrong?

I still feel pregnant could the blood test be wrong?

Patient: My lmp was november 4th. I started bleedin friday on the 28th it was real heavy for one day and then light the next day and nothing the 3rd day my mc usually last 5 to 6 days I took a blood test and the nurse said it was negative that my lhcg level was less then a 1. I still feel pregnant though I am very emotional have been getting sick in the morning but then feel fine the rest of the day. If I calculated right then when I took the blood test it was 9 days after ovulation could the test be wrong?

Doctor: There are two types of blood test for detecting pregnancy and the accuracy depends on the type of test done. A quantitat ive blood test (or the beta hCG test) measures the exact amount of hCG in your blood. So it can find even tiny amounts of hCG. This makes it very accurate. A qualitative hCG blood test just checks to see if the pregnancy hormone is present or not. So this test gives a yes or no answer. The qualitative hCG blood test is about as accurate as a urine test.