I still got hives after sticking to the diet and eating only vegetables and rice.

Q: I still got hives after sticking to the diet and eating only vegetables and rice. What is the likelihood that my hives are not caused by an allergy but more an infection or internal disease?

Thanks for choosing "Ask the Doctor" for posting your query.

Hives are always allergic. Allergy can be due to anything, it need not always be related to your diet. If you are suspecting it to be infectious, probably its something else and not hives. However, I would recommend you to get yourself examined by a doctor who would prescribe you with some anti-allergic medications like cetirizine, fexofenadine or atarax. Some resistant allergies are treated by low dose steroids as well.
Avoid scratching.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!