Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I stopped getting my period for a few months and

I stopped getting my period for a few months and

Patient: I stopped getting my period for a few months and about a week ago I started bleeding pretty heavy on and off. Every time I think my period is over, I start bleeding again. Should I go to the hospital?

Symptoms: Heavy bleeding

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concern here.Irregular menses oc curs due to so many reasons like hormonal changes, PCOS, fibroid, stress, excessive weight changes and exercise and infection.If you are having this problem from last 3-4 cycles than consult a Gynaecologist for the same and get yourself examined and get your ultrasound scan and hormonal profile done.Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.Good luck.Regards