I stopped the depo shot on January 19th.

Patient : I stopped the depo shot on January 19th. I have had on and off bleeding since then. Two days ago, I had unprotected sex. Immediately after, there was cervical mucus and brown discharge. The day after, I took a Plan B pill. I am having heavier brown discharge. Is there an explanation?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. Your symptoms can be due to the hormonal imbalance cause by depot withdrawal and it can be a side effect of the plan-B (I-pill). I-pill can cause hormonal imbalance due to the high dosage of hormone in it. These symptoms may get resolve in 2-3 cycle, so do not take any stress. Hope it was useful. Regards