Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I suffer frm vaginumus bt i tried dialators i ws ok with it

I suffer frm vaginumus bt i tried dialators i ws ok with it

Patient: I suffer frm.vaginumus.bt i tried dialators.i ws ok with it .the biggest dialator went inside bt nt completly it hd gone three fourth.now itried to sleep with my husband but still i m scared of his penis.i think it is more bigger thn a dialator.pls help

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Gradual vaginal dilatation with dilators can help in decrea sing vaginismus.Possible steps that can help you are:-Trying slow insertion of penis as much length as possible and gradually increasing the depth of insertion.-Using lubricants during intercourse.-Continuing using vaginal dilators for few more days.-Avoiding anxiety. As anxiety, tension etc increase vaginismus.Take care.