I suffer from athletic asthma I do not have an

Patient: I suffer from athletic asthma. I do not have an inhaler I have not found one that will work for me yet. Sometimes I feel dizzy, short of breath, chest pain, I feel like something heavy is on my chest. What can I do about these kind of symptoms?

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.Thanks for trusting us for your health issues. I have read your query in detail and i understand your concern. You seem to be suffering from Bronchial Asthma. This is also a type of allergic response. It is quite difficult to differentiate between Bronchial Asthma and Allergic cough. However, your symptoms represent Bronchial Asthma only. Treatment for both of the issues is same.I would advise in such scenario:1. Hemogram with ESR2. ECG3. Chest Xray4. Pulmonary Function TestYour doctor would evaluate you clinically. If you don’t have severe chest congestion, he would treat you with anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast. He may add deriphylline or doxophylline for the chest spasms.If your chest congestion is very severe and there are wheezes and rhonchi’s, then inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol would be required.You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy