Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I surviveD a brain aneurysm at twenty four years old

I surviveD a brain aneurysm at twenty four years old

Patient: I survivef a brain aneurysm at twenty four years old. It has been seven months and I still have not had a period. Any thoughts?

Symptoms: Missed period over 6 months

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There are many causes for missing the periods for a long time. You will have to consu lt a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests and ultrasound as well. Pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, polycystic ovaries, thyroid dysfunction, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, obesity, stress related, side effects of medications can all be possible causes. The doctor will treat you accordingly after the investigations.Hope this was helpful. Regards