Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I swallowed a large chunk of string cheese whole a

I swallowed a large chunk of string cheese whole a

Patient: I swallowed a large chunk of string cheese whole a few hours ago. I can breathe fine but it feels like something is stuck way deep down? Should i be concerned or is the food down my throat already?

 

 

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.If you feel that there is something or probably this string che ese stuck in the lower oesophagus or at the pharyngeal level, then it is suggested that you should swallow or drink a glass of luke warm water with some lemon squeeze in it, slowly to allow the bolus to be passed into the stomach. You may repeat this 1/2 hourly to a max of 3 glasses. Usually the bolus shall pass down.Wishing you good health,Regards

 


 

 
Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Toronto. He currently operates Infinity Health Centre, a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment