I swung too hard at golf ball, hit ground Torqued my

Patient : I swung too hard at golf ball, hit ground Torqued my body so hard I pulled my side muscle Now I have very large purple/blackish bruise all around my waist in a line and up about 5 inches
Symptoms:  Sore side
I swung too hard at golf ba...-1
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. This definitely is a very bad bruis e and the muscle is severely injured. If you have been able to move, that means there is not a major tear and hence it will recover. You need to start an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice daily for 3-5 days till the pain settles down. You also need to apply Diclofenac gel locally on the area of the bruise 2-3 times daily. Bed rest is preferable. Movements will further aggravate and can even cause a tear. If the pain gets worse an x-ray will be required. As of now, just continue the medicines as mentioned. Hope this was helpful, Please feel free to discuss further, Regards