Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I swung too hard at golf ball, hit ground Torqued my

I swung too hard at golf ball, hit ground Torqued my

Patient: I swung too hard at golf ball, hit groundTorqued my body so hard I pulled my side muscleNow I have very large purple/blackish bruise all around my waist in a line and up about 5 inches

Symptoms: Sore side

I swung too hard at golf ba...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.This definitely is a very bad bruis e and the muscle is severely injured. If you have been able to move, that means there is not a major tear and hence it will recover.You need to start an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice daily for 3-5 days till the pain settles down. You also need to apply Diclofenac gel locally on the area of the bruise 2-3 times daily. Bed rest is preferable. Movements will further aggravate and can even cause a tear. If the pain gets worse an x-ray will be required. As of now, just continue the medicines as mentioned.Hope this was helpful,Please feel free to discuss further,Regards