I take 50mg Zoloft daily I've been drinking and doing

Q: I take 50mg Zoloft daily. I've been drinking and doing cocaine, should I skip the Zoloft or still take it

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

The problem with taking alcohol is that, in the long run alcohol is depressogenic. If you already having depression then taking alcohol may compound the probelm further. Further alcohol can lead to excess sedation if taken with zoloft and shold ideally be avoided. However as you are already taking it and do not have issues with sedation then you may continue taking it as of now. No need to stop it. If at all you want to stop anything, you may stop alcohol and cocaine.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.