I take trazadone 50mg for sleep cynbalta 60ng for depression

Patient

Q: I take trazadone 50mg for sleep cynbalta 60ng for depression can i use phentermine to help me lose weight. One dr says yes the other no

Doctor

Welcome to ATD.
Thank you for the query.
I am of the opinion as NOT to take phentermine for weight loss.
DULoxetine [cymbalta] may increase the effects of phentermine, and side effects such as jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts have been reported. Combining these medications can also increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death.
So please try to reduce weight with diet and exercise only.
This will help you in the long run too.
Hope this helps.
Take care.

Patient: Is there an interaction with trazadone and phentermine alone
Doctor: There are no definite studies but regular monitoring by a doctor is recommended. Hence even this combination is risky.