Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I taken a pregnancy test at the start of January

I taken a pregnancy test at the start of January

Patient: I taken a pregnancy test at the start of January and it said I was pregnant and today I taken another one just to be on the safe side and its saying I’m only 2-3 weeks pregnant after 2 months

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you meant you have tested with beta hCG and the titer is falling and not correspondi ng to the period of gestation as per dates, then you will have to see a gynecologist soon. The causes like ectopic pregnancy, blighted ovum, missed abortion, no growth in the embryo, etc have to be ruled out.Kindly do the needful. You will need an ultrasound examination.Hope this helped.Regards